Welcome, foodies! Are you looking for quick and easy appetizer recipes to impress your guests? Epicurious is the go-to source for food enthusiasts to find the best and the easiest recipes out there. Whether it’s for a family gathering or a fancy dinner party, appetizers are a great way to start your meal, and Epicurious has plenty of options for you to choose from. In this article, we’ll go over some of the best quick and easy appetizer recipes from Epicurious that you can make in no time. So, let’s get started!
Tips for Making Quick and Easy Appetizers
Before we dive into the recipes, it’s important to keep in mind some tips for making quick and easy appetizers. These tips will save you time and effort and help you make the most out of your appetizer-making process:
- Plan Ahead: Make a list of the appetizers you want to make and the ingredients you need, so you don’t have to run to the store at the last minute.
- Stock Up Your Pantry: Keep your pantry and fridge stocked with ingredients that you can use for a variety of recipes, such as cheese, crackers, olives, nuts, and canned goods.
- Make Ahead: Some appetizers can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to serve them. This will save you time and effort on the day of your event.
Classic Appetizer Recipes from Epicurious
Let’s start with some classic appetizer recipes from Epicurious that are easy to make and always a hit:
This Italian classic is always a crowd-pleaser. All you need is some crusty bread, garlic, tomatoes, basil, and olive oil. Toast the bread, rub with garlic, top with diced tomatoes and basil, and drizzle with olive oil. Simple and delicious!
Deviled eggs are a classic appetizer that can be made in advance and stored in the fridge. Boil some eggs, remove the yolks, mix with mayonnaise, mustard, and spices, and fill the egg whites with the mixture. Easy and tasty!
This appetizer is a fresh and colorful addition to any party. Skewer cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and basil leaves, and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Simple and elegant!
Cheese and Charcuterie Board
A cheese and charcuterie board is a great way to offer your guests a variety of flavors and textures. Choose a selection of cheeses, cured meats, crackers, and fruits, and arrange them on a board. Add some nuts and olives for extra flavor. Your guests will love it!
Hummus and Pita Chips
Hummus is a healthy and delicious appetizer that can be made in no time. Blend chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, and olive oil until smooth. Serve with pita chips, and you’re done!
Creative Appetizer Recipes from Epicurious
If you want to try something new and creative, Epicurious has plenty of options for you:
This appetizer is a sweet and savory combination that your guests will love. Stuff dates with goat cheese, wrap them in bacon, and bake until crispy. The result is a delicious and indulgent bite-sized treat.
Mini Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Who doesn’t love grilled cheese? Cut bread into small squares, add some cheese and butter, and grill until golden brown. Serve with tomato soup for a classic comfort food appetizer.
Spinach and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms
These stuffed mushrooms are a healthy and flavorful appetizer option. Remove the stems from the mushrooms, fill them with a mixture of spinach, feta cheese, garlic, and breadcrumbs, and bake until tender.
Shrimp cocktail is a classic appetizer that’s always a hit. Boil some shrimp, and serve them with cocktail sauce and lemon wedges. It’s a simple and elegant appetizer that your guests will love.
Chickpea fries are a delicious and unique appetizer that’s easy to make. Blend chickpea flour, water, and spices, and fry until golden brown. Serve with dipping sauce for a tasty and healthy appetizer.
Ingredients to Keep on Hand
To make your appetizer prep even easier, it’s helpful to keep certain ingredients on hand in your pantry and fridge. Here are some items to consider stocking up on:
- Cheese (such as cheddar, goat, and feta)
- Bread (such as baguette and crackers)
- Nuts (such as almonds and walnuts)
- Cured meats (such as salami and prosciutto)
- Canned chickpeas or white beans
- Frozen puff pastry
- Phyllo dough
- Various condiments (such as mustard, mayonnaise, and honey)
- Fresh herbs (such as parsley and cilantro)
- Vegetables (such as cherry tomatoes and cucumbers)
- Shrimp or other seafood
Tips for Making Quick and Easy Appetizers
To make your appetizer prep as smooth as possible, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Choose recipes that can be made ahead of time
- Keep it simple – choose recipes with few ingredients and easy prep
- Get creative with presentation – use toothpicks, skewers, or small dishes to make your appetizers visually appealing
- Use store-bought items to save time (such as pre-made hummus or guacamole)
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match flavors and textures
- Consider your guests’ dietary restrictions and make sure to offer options for everyone
- Make sure to have plenty of napkins and small plates on hand
Additional Epicurious Recipes for Quick and Easy Appetizers
If you’re looking for even more inspiration for quick and easy appetizers, here are a few more recipes from Epicurious to try:
Crispy Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
This recipe takes asparagus to the next level by wrapping it in crispy prosciutto. Simply wrap a piece of prosciutto around each asparagus spear, bake until crispy, and serve.
Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip
This creamy and flavorful dip is perfect for serving with crackers or pita chips. Simply blend together roasted red peppers, feta cheese, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil until smooth.
Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Bites
These light and refreshing bites are perfect for summer gatherings. Simply slice cucumber into rounds, top with a dollop of cream cheese, and a piece of smoked salmon. Finish with a sprinkle of dill or chives.
Spicy Popcorn Shrimp
This recipe is a crowd-pleaser for seafood lovers. Simply toss shrimp in a mixture of breadcrumbs and spices, fry until crispy, and serve with a spicy dipping sauce.
Get Creative and Have Fun!
The key to successful appetizers is to get creative and have fun with it. Don’t be afraid to try new flavor combinations or presentation styles. With a little bit of planning and some help from Epicurious, you can create quick and easy appetizers that will impress your guests and make you the host or hostess with the most!
Thank you for reading and happy cooking!